Sign in or
How to Publicise in Your Library
- Promote the monthly hash tags (listed with each month)
- Promote novelistplus - you may want to do demonstration searches to fit in with the themes
- tweet about the themed reading you are doing (or you might want to post to Flickr or write a blog post about it)
- read titles which fit into the theme, talk about them with other staff and with library clients
- consider some of the themes for use in reading groups running in the library
- you may want to change your twitter image each month to tie in with the reading theme (starting with scary)
- you may want to encourage people to have themed meals (or munchies) for each month (think lamingtons made using coconuts strings for moread, scary cupcakes for January, some romantic foods for February, fantasy foods for March - maybe green eggs and ham, for April it may be the battle of the pavlovas and ANZAC biscuits and so on through the year - don't hold back the ideas.
- you could encourage people to play themed games as well
- encourage people to add tags for each month's reading to Trove, LibraryThing and your library catalogue (if that is possible).
Latest page update: made by martread
, Mar 14 2012, 10:01 PM EDT
(about this update
About This Update
Moved from: 2011 Twitter Reading Group
No content added or deleted.
- complete history)
Keyword tags: None
More Info: links to this page
|Started By||Thread Subject||Replies||Last Post|
|Myleej||HOW COULD YOU USE THE TWITTER READING GROUP IN HOME LIBRARY SERVICE?||0||Jul 25 2011, 9:58 PM EDT by Myleej|
Thread started: Jul 25 2011, 9:58 PM EDT Watch
* Encourage any clients who are internet users to participate as part of the book club.
* Use the book titles that are discussed as ideas for titles your clients might enjoy.
* Encourage clients to read something outside their normal genre as “the book club is reading … this month so I thought you might like to try this one”.
* Tweet relevant comments / suggestions from your HLS clients using the hashtags via your library or personal twitter account.
Any other suggestions?
Do you find this valuable?
Keyword tags: homelibraryservice
Showing 1 of 1 threads for this page