Sign in or
|Version||User||Scope of changes|
|May 28 2012, 1:01 AM EDT||NatG||13 words added|
|Apr 10 2012, 7:50 PM EDT||martread||50 words added|
Key: Additions Deletions
We will be planning the 2013 twitter reading group at the 19 June meeting at Wagga. As we know everyone won't be able to be there (anymore than everyone being able to be at Manly or Bowral for previous twitter reading group planning) you can make your suggestions on the wiki, and they will be the starting point for the June discussion.
Please put down the areas/themes ideas you would like covered, and any suggested hashtag for the month. If your suggestion is a good fit for a particular month, please say so. If you want to re-use some of the themes from 2011, or 2012 again, please say so. Make notes about other people's suggestions (please try not to delete any information).
Suggestions for 2013 twitter reading group
- Moreads- this is from 2011 and it seemed to work really well
- fur reads (would capture the cat mystery novels, shapeshifters, some of the urban fantast/paranormal as well as books about animals?) - note idea needs work
- places - reading where the place is really important, because of description or story elements, would also work with food/recipes as well (could call a food one tastyreads?)
- disability - November 2013 the Disability Discrimination Act is 21. Lets celebrate its maturity. What does it mean to be disabled in the 21st century?
- Bank on it! - books about money, making it losing it, history of.
- AsiaPacific - books about our region of the world that's not our bit.
- Them's fightin' words? - books about the military, police forces, militia, etc
- Indigiread - books about, by and from indigenous sources.
- Bromance - books about male relationships of all forms, platonic, business, family, pixelated bits
- Graphic - graphic novels and books that use visual elements
- Egoreads - from 2011, biographies, autobiographies, semi autobiographical
- 2013 is international year of water cooperation - what about #wetreads books about water, set on near or under water, characters who don't drink water
- #activereads - books about sport
- #technoreads - books that highlight technology in the way they tell stories eg use IM, text message, twitter, powerpoint
- #blogreads - reading blogs, blogs about reading, blogs that we follow, blogs we want otehrs to follow.
- #magreads - Australia is one of the highest per capita readers of magazines, what magazines have you read this month, what stories/articles have engaged you, what do you get out of magazine reading?
- Art reads - books about works of art, artists and all things related